A jewel of art deco architecture, “Le Building” was the name given to the structure when it was first delivered in 1934 to serve as the headquarters of a major Paris daily newspaper. When Le Figaro’s former head office was taken over, it created an opportunity to fully renovate two adjoining buildings, one from the 1930s and the other from the 1960s on the corner of rue du Louvre and rue du Mail.
The emblematic architectural and decorative elements were kept while the standard office space was being developed, with a central patio being created to provide lighting for the offices, a cafeteria being developed in the basement, and underground parking spaces and garden terraces being converted for the comfort and well-being of the building’s occupants.
- Investor: GECINA
- Decorator: Mr. Robert Dal Sasso
- Tenant: Banque de France
- Full renovation
- Winner of the Grand Prix at the 2018 SIMI (business property trade fair) in the “Renovated building” category
- HQE (high environmental quality) label
- 7,400 sq.m of leasable area
- 72 parking spaces
37 rue du Louvre